*cough* So. Seeing as my last post (where I said I was going to start posting weekly) was almost 6 months ago, it’s safe to say I’ve kinda neglected this blog a bit. Okay, I’ve neglected it a lot. But I am back! And this time I actually have a few posts queued up to hopefully make me stick to posting more.
Today I’m sharing a recipe which I created inspired by Pip & Nut’s latest delicious creation: their Chocolate Orange Almond Butter. When I first tried this I was blown away with how good it was. It’s like a chocolate orange in a nut butter!
I LOVE having nut butter on my porridge so I thought the only thing to do was to create a recipe that went with it. I hope you enjoy it!
- 40g oats
- 240ml water
- an orange
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa/cacao powder
- Pip & Nut Chocolate Orange Almond Butter
- Place the oats, water, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a saucepan and mix
- Zest the orange and add to the saucepan, along with the juice
3. Heat the porridge on a slow heat, stirring gently until it reaches your perfect consistency (I love my porridge super thick)
4. Serve with a huge dollop of Pip & Nut Chocolate Orange Almond Butter and enjoy!